NY: Random House, Original tan paper over black cloth, spine lettering stamped in gilt foil. Map endpapers. Gift inscription to one of the blank prelims. The jacket is price clipped with some scuffing to the back panel. Small black marker dot to the top edge of the text block.. Third Printing.
A schoolteacher in old Alaska: The story of Hannah Breece
Original Cloth. Toronto: Random House  , 1st paper. Fine, no dust jacket. Unmarked, gently read, showing gentle head and foot wear to the spine and edges of the dust jacket and lightly bumped corners.
A Schoolteacher in Old Alaska by Hannah Breece: | inydikaruweb.tk: Books
A really nice copy overall. A very nice copy with clean, bright interior pages and solid binding.
Home Contact us Help Free delivery worldwide. Free delivery worldwide. Bestselling Series. Harry Potter.
- ISBN 13: 9780679308188.
- Nederlandse grammatica (Dutch Grammar).
- The Story of Hannah Breece.
- Vulture Culture: Dirty Deals, Unpaid Claims, and the Coming Collapse of the Insurance Industry?
- Satyajit Ray: The Inner Eye: The Biography of a Master Film-Maker.
- Shop by category.
- Modeling and Simulation of Reactive Flows.
Popular Features. New Releases.
- Angel Financing for Entrepreneurs: Early-Stage Funding for Long-Term Success.
- Metalorganic Catalysts for Synthesis and Polymerization: Recent Results by Ziegler-Natta and Metallocene Investigations.
- A Schoolteacher in Old Alaska: The Story of Hannah Breece [READ];
- Accessibility Navigation.
- Review of ‘A Schoolteacher in Old Alaska: The Story of Hannah Breece’?
Schoolteacher In Old Alaska. Description When Hannah Breece came to Alaska in , it was a remote lawless wilderness of prospectors, murderous bootleggers, tribal chiefs, and Russian priests.
She spent fourteen years educating Athabascans, Aleuts, Inuits, and Russians with the stubborn generosity of a born teacher and the clarity of an original and independent mind. Jane Jacobs, Hannah's great-niece, here offers an historical context to Breece's remarkable eyewitness account, filling in the narrative gaps, but always allowing the original words to ring clearly.
It is more than an adventure story: it is a powerful work of women's history that provides important--and, at times, unsettling--insights into the unexamined assumptions and attitudes that governed white settler's behavior toward native communities at the turn of the century. Flap copy Over fifty years ago Hannah Breece bestowed upon her great niece, Jane Jacobs, her manuscript, roughly culled together from diaries and letters from when she was a school teacher in Alaska and the Yukon.
ISBN 13: 9780394224763
Samantha Wells Follow. Published in: Lifestyle. Full Name Comment goes here. Are you sure you want to Yes No.
- The Mommy Manifesto: How to Use Our Power to Think Big, Break Limitations and Achieve Success.
- A Schoolteacher in Old Alaska?
- Chasing the High: A Firsthand Account of One Young Persons Experience with Substance Abuse (Adolescent Mental Health Initiative).
- Schoolteacher In Old Alaska : Hannah Breece : .
- Skinny-Size It: 101 Recipes That Will Fill You Up and Slim You Down?
- A School Teacher In Old Alaska: The Story Of Hannah Breece by Jane Jacobs;
Be the first to like this. No Downloads.
Views Total views. Actions Shares. Embeds 0 No embeds. No notes for slide. If you want to download this book, click link in the last page 5.